Candy Shop opens on Main Street in Stroudsburg

Grandpa Joe’s Candy Shop offers all sorts of candy and more

The+front+entrance+of+Grandpa+Joes+Candy+Shop.+

Photograph by Brianna Mydosh.

The front entrance of Grandpa Joe’s Candy Shop.

Brianna Mydosh, Staff Writer

From Gummy bears to chocolate to many more delicious choices, Grandpa Joe’s candy shop has plenty to offer!

Good news for people who loves sweets: Grandpa Joe’s Candy Shop held their grand opening Thursday on March 28, at 7:30 on Main Street in Stroudsburg, PA. The store is located across the street from Starbucks and next to Flood’s Tavern.

“Most of Grandpa Joe’s stores are in traditional small towns, and we do not usually settle in around city areas,” said Mr. Reese Badman, the new shop’s General Manager. We chose Stroudsburg because we felt it was most fitting.”

According to Badman, the other business, as well as the customers, have all been very welcoming.

“Stroudsburg has been absolutely fantastic to us; we have not only gained the attention of the locals here showing appreciation, but also from the stores around us,” said Badman.

Inside the shop, Grandpa Joe’s boasts a wide variety of candy – from name brand candy, to candy that may sometimes be hard to find (a good example of a candy is Slopokes). They sell Reese’s, M&Ms, and plenty of other candies. It would take too long to list them all. There are also a variety of sodas with crazy flavors such as Pickled flavor, or Ranch, even Peanut Butter and Jelly! They have a station to pick your own candy and a rack full of funny toys and colorful socks.

“Chances are, if you can not find the candy here, you won’t find it anywhere,” Badman said with a smile on his face.

Many students at Stroudsburg High school have already visited Uncle Joe’s and purchased their favorite candy.  Recently, after sporting events, students have been walking to the shop for treats.

“Walking into the candy shop is like a whole new candy land,” said junior Bridget Clark.

“I like that they have a variety of candy especially from other countries,” said sophomore Emily Rafikia.

Grandpa Joe’s is open the whole week: Monday-Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Friday-Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; and  Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

“We love the fact that we are two blocks away from the high school,” said Badman. “We’re here for the students when school lets out, and it’s not just our candies that you can come for. We have plenty of sodas to try as the warm weather is approaching.”