Auditions for SHS School Musical Coming Next Week

Patrick Durney, Staff Writer

This year, the high school musical will be Thoroughly Modern Millie.

Auditions will be held on Tuesday, December 15 and Wednesday, December 16 at 2:45 p.m. in the auditorium.

The show tells the story of a girl, Millie Dillmount, who comes to New York City to marry for money instead of love. As Millie arrives in the city, she is enchanted by the flapper lifestyle. Problems arise soon after she checks into a hotel owned by a mysterious woman.

For over twenty years, Ms. Billye Kubiak brought her Broadway experience to direct and choreograph the production of the Stroudsburg musicals.

ai???I love working with the students,ai??? said Kubiak. ai???I have loved being involved in the theatre since I was a child.ai???

Along with Kubiak, pianist Ms. Janice Lee partnered with her and helped out for more than a decade. Lee is very excited for this yearai??i??s show.

ai???The musical has a lot of opportunity with the demand of a large cast,ai??? said Lee. ai???There are big musical numbers and a lot of dancing.ai???

Also helping Kubiak and Lee are Ms. Jane Sumner, costume designer, Ms. Lisa Rogers, stage management, and Ms. Ashley Krause, props mistress. Kubiak is very thankful for the effort that the women put towards the musical. Ai??She and the rest of the music department appreciate all that they do.

ai???Itai??i??s great to be part of something that is so successful,ai??? said Krause.