Student Spotlight on Leah Pelaez

Zachary Koncur, Staff Writer

What motivates you to come to school?

What motivates me to come to school is that I know that I’m working on my future and doing things that better my education for college and my future self.

Which countries/places would you like to travel to?

I would love to travel to every country, but I would definitely first go to Greece or Italy.

What is something that you have learned in your childhood that has stuck with you?

To always be kind to everyone you meet.

What is your greatest weakness?

I think my biggest weakness is that I’m a people pleaser. I always try to help people whenever they need it. I feel bad if I say no because I don’t want to let them down.

How do you judge a person?

I judge a person on how they treat people and how they handle bad situations. My mom also taught me to always judge someone on how they treat their mother.

Who do you consider your biggest role model, and why?

My biggest role model would probably be my Uncle Kevin. He is super smart, funniest guy ever, and he pushes me to be my best. He motivates me every day for school and especially sports. He is always there to support me and help me whenever I need help. He is always there to humble me and to help to further my field hockey career. He is honestly one of the best kinds of people in this world.

Which charity or charitable cause is most deserving of money?

I believe anything for cancer because it’s an ongoing battle, and it’s truly heartbreaking. It is also very common in my family, so my family is constantly donating and helping out.

What is your life motto?

Life is too short. Live your life to the fullest and make it worth watching. Everything happens for a reason.

What values are important to you?

Honestly, humor, the spirit of adventure, loyalty, respect, positivity, kindness, intelligence, and determination.

What is your favorite thing about yourself? 

I think my favorite thing about me is that I can find the positive in every bad situation. It helps a lot when I’m too worried about something, and I need to find the good in the bad.