Student Spotlight on Kagan Howell

Jessica Brady, Staff Writer

What are your plans after graduation?

I plan to move out to Florida after high school and attend college to study kinesiology in exercise and sport physiology and minor in public health at the University of Central Florida.

Who are your favorite teachers and why? 

From the start, I’ve had a great amount of support from my teachers but my favorites include Ms.Vail,  Mrs.Davis, and Mr. Cassady but if we’re talking out of all…. from junior high, Mr. Zimmerman. Even though he wasn’t my teacher for a whole class semester, he always believed in me and made my day 10 times better. He was just one of those people that was born to teach. He gets how tough and trying school can get and always manages to put a smile on a student’s face.

What movie can you never get tired of watching?    

Princess and the Frog. 

What is your life motto? 

“From failing you learn, from success not so much and to always keep moving forward”- The Robinsons

What values are important to you?

Compassion, dependability, and determination.

What profession doesn’t get enough credit or respect? 

Film composing, they create some of the greatest masterpieces for movies and shows.

What is something that you have learned in your childhood that has stuck with you?

Your story may not have a happy beginning, but that doesn’t make you who you are. It is the rest of your story, who you choose to be.

What is your greatest strength? 

My leadership skills and being dependable no matter the situation.

What is your favorite class at SHS?

First aid and athletic training with Mrs. Davis

What’s something people don’t worry about but really should? 

Your mindset – if you want to do something, just do it. Ignore the doubt in yourself and from others. You’re the only one who decides if you can’t do it or as a wise person says “it’s that you can’t do it.. yet.”