Should we have class rank at any time in our high school career?

Zachary Ossman, sophomore

Students should be allowed to know what their class rank is at any given time in their high school careers. The biggest academic award a student can win is valedictorian in their school, but in Stroudsburg, students barely know where they are ranked before awards day. In other schools, students have their class rank included in their report cards, so they can find out where they are ranked four times each year. I personally think that Stroudsburg can do even better than that. Students are encouraged to go to the online community portal everyday to check their grades and homework assignments. Stroudsburg could easily keep a posting for class rank and update it daily online, so students can keep up to date with their class rank. Why might this help the students? Students will be more motivated to work hard to improve their class rank. If a student sees that they are pretty low on the list, then they will try to improve their rank, and perhaps theyai??i??ll study harder for school. On the other hand, if a student sees that they are high on the list, then they will be encouraged to keep pushing on and try to get ahead of even more people. Having a public list of everyoneai??i??s class rank will keep students motivated to work hard during the school year.