Hoodies should be allowed in school

Jamie Bittiger, sophomore

An aspect about Stroudsburg School District that could be improved is the dress code. All the friends that I speak to can agree that the fact that they cannot wear hoodies is frustrating. Hoodies provide a feeling of comfort. They also keep us warm when sometimes the school is very cold from the wintry air. Almost every time I enter the cafeteria, I get very cold because the heat doesnai??i??t always turn on. Along with this, most students own a sweatshirt and they are easy to get their hands on. They donai??i??t fit inappropriately and donai??i??t pose issues.

For me personally, hoodies are a staple item and can be worn to a lot of events. They also do not look sloppy while worn with the appropriate outfit. I do not believe that banning hoodies in the dress code was a good idea. They are very comfortable and always stay in trend.

8 Comments

8 Responses to “Hoodies should be allowed in school”

1. Lexie lewis on March 27th, 2017 12:29 PM

I agree! Some people say hoodies are a choking hazard or an be used to head weapons but when you think about it a lot of things apply to that. ID’s can be used as a choking hazard. I see many students who rip off their friends ID’s from their neck and sometimes the ID doesn’t come off which could choke them. Also if you were dead set on bringing a weapon into school you could hide it very easily without a sweatshirt. So in my opinion banning hoodies is a dumb rule. As Jamie said hoodies supply comfort and if students are comfortable they are more eager to learn and be relaxed. If it is a stroudsburg hoodie I believe we should be able to wear it.

2. Hagan Schomberg on March 27th, 2017 12:37 PM

I agree with what Jamie is saying in this letter and I personally think we should wear hoodies as well. Hoodies keep us warm and toasty throughout the day and allows us to feel comfortable in some of the cold chilly classrooms of this school. I believe that this should be looked at once more and debated upon.

3. aniyah carter on February 28th, 2018 9:19 AM

I agree in my school if you have your hood on in school you will get a lunch or after school detention and it’s not right we should be able to wear our hood on in school without getting in trouble this is a dumb rule that they need to change.

4. Eric Serbin on April 18th, 2017 9:37 AM

While I don’t like having this rule in place, they reason they have it isn’t because they want to inconvenience us at every turn. It’s supposed to prevent someone being able to cover their face if they want to, say, vandalize bathrooms or something along those lines

5. Kaden on February 8th, 2018 2:09 PM

Yes but it very rare that people vandalized the bathrooms in schools so they don’t have to worry

6. caleb douglas on November 16th, 2017 8:01 AM

i agree i am getting that changed by using this evidence to create a essay to get this change the little jerks want to incovienunce me ill do it to them

7. Karissa Belzer on February 28th, 2018 10:20 AM

They make hoodies a big deal but on work out or work it day they allowed hoodies AND joggers? It’s contradicting.

8. Winfield Gillespie on April 3rd, 2018 12:46 PM

i Agree with Jamie because it a clothing of comfort. Also in most of my classes its very cold and uncomfortable. They say Hoodies are a choking hazard but I don’t think so. If anything Student Id’s are more of a choking hazard because of horseplay.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Hoodies should be allowed in school